Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hey how are you all?

This was a pretty good week for us, sounds like everyone is busy and having a good time back home at the moment too. I bet you that it is Sister Mai that Elder Payne wants to bring over. She is the lady that I gave you her email address. She is way cool and her english is perfect so yeah she won't have any problem talking to you. If you can I would love for you to meet her. Let me know if you do meet them or not she is awesome. Could you get her address for me? I would love to write her a letter. If you email her you should be able to get the address do you still have the email address? Anyways have fun

So yeah this was a pretty good and kind of crazy week with a church meeting I will never forget but hey I guess thats missionary work right?

Monday -

We had the Sports meet after email and it was a ton of fun. Around 40 missionaries showed up and we had a big football tourny which was a blast. My team actually won it all and I surprised myself on a few plays. It was a blast seeing a bunch of different guys from around that I hadn't seen in a while and making new friends. We got home and ate some food and headed back out. We had promised a member the week before that we would stop by his house sometime so we decided to do it after p-day. We headed out and shared a message with his son who is less active and him. It went alright he seemed to be happy that we came. The only problem was that I did a seiza (Sezia is when you kneel down and sit down on the back of your calfs, usually when they see you do that they tell you to relax but I guess they didn't notice) for around 45 min and when I tried to stand up I couldn't feel my legs at all and almost fell over. I had to grab on to the table so I wouldn't fall. I was pretty embarrassed but I honestly couldn't feel my legs at all. It was a way fun P-day.

Tuesday -

We had a lesson with a new investigator named Okada. He was a way cool guy and when we taught the plan of salvation he was answering our questions with all of the right answers. We committed him to read the BOM and pray about it. Right now he is busy so we can't get another appointment but he wants to meet again and already has read the assignment we have given him. Other than the lesson not a lot really happened.

Wednesday -

We went out to do work and did some streeting but not a lot really happened. On the way home we got stopped by a lady that was deaf. She could hear a little bit and read lips and respond in pretty hard to understand Japanese/English. From what we could understand from what she was trying to say that she had met missionaries in Australia and lived there. I thought she was kind of weird and maybe crazy but figured because she was deaf she came off that way, so we invited her to church and headed on our way. We had Eikaiwa after and we were able to invite 2 people to heard the lessons and both accepted which we were excited about.


We had Japanese class in the morning which is always way fun. Lots of people ask us why we are in Japan and what we are doing so its really easy to introduce the church. I am pretty sure we will keep going. After that we had an exchange with the ZL's I went with Elder Matsuoka and Elder Akina went with Elder Cutler. It rained all day and elder Matsuoka and I just streeted but its hard to do in the rain.


We got done with the Exchange and elder Akina and I got back together in Ibaraki. We had District Mtg. which went pretty good. Better than last week so I was pretty happy about that. We went out streeting but had a hard time getting people to listen which was too bad.


I had an Exchange with Elder Kudo in the morning for a lesson that I thought he could help with. On our way to the lesson we talked with a guy and were able to setup an appointment which made our 3rd new investigator that week. We had our lesson with Otsuchi again. We talked for awhile and found out that he believes the church is true and has no problems with the commandments he is just scared to make the final step of being baptized. We just need to help him get over that fear. We committed him to pray and choose a date before our next lesson. Hopefully it works. Elder Akina and I got back together after the lesson and did some streeting but not much luck.


We got to church and had our first meeting with our ward mission leader and afterwords went outside to greet members as they came in. Out of no where that deaf lady we met the other week shows up and starts talking to us in broken english that I couldn't understand.

We took her inside and she started dancing and singing a song at the top of her lungs and that was when we figured out she was 100% crazy and not just deaf, and at that point I realized it was probably going to be the best Sunday of my life. We got her into a different room with the help of our ward mission leader and his wife and tried to teach a lesson but she kept singing and dancing and telling us about the 3 boys she met in Australia over and over again. She stood up on her chair and started doing the whole song thing and I tried not to laugh but it just came out. Anyways, after trying to teach the plan of salvation by writing thing back and forth with her on the white board we gave up and just took her outside and when we waved good bye she got up and headed home. I won't ever forget some of the looks the members had.

Anyways after that we went to sacrament meeting and had a good meeting there.
After church we got home and made a game for the family we were going to visit for a lesson that night. They fed us Gyoza (Pot stickers) and it was super good. We played the game and the little kids loved it and then committed them to invite someone to the next ward sports night. Hopefully they can do it, they are a great family and super nice. We called a potential investigator after we got home and were able to set up an appointment with him. That made 5 investigators in one week the most I have had on my mission so far so we were pretty excited. Now we just need to get some progressors and we will be set.

So yeah that was our week. it was pretty fun and full of crazy stuff but we had a good time. Mothers day is coming up and our number is 080-2149-6238
If you could call me at 8:00 AM our time over here that would be great. You will call Sunday night Mothers day over there, Monday 8:00 AM over here. Here is what the mission home sent us about calling when calling to Japan remember that after dialing the country code the first “0” in our area code should be omitted. Ex: Country Code + 80 2149 6112.You figured it out last time but maybe it will help I dunno. Anyways if you have any questions or anything let me know.

Thanks for everything
love you

No comments:

Post a Comment