Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well we just got our transfer calls this morning and everything is staying the same for Enta Choro and I. We will be in Tanabe again for another transfer. Our district and zone changed but we are still here. I am excited and I really hope that things pick up soon.

Thanks for getting that triple and stuff. CD's work best for the music stuff. I just need something to listen to in the morning and the same stuff over and over gets old really quick so its nice to have a variety. I stole some Mormon Tabernacle Choir from Payne Choro that I am burning today so I should be ok. Thanks for everything. Oh, I got a letter from Phil this week. Can I get his address please? Thanks.

I got the letter from Brandon's mom. I have been to Shirohama twice we are planning on going back this week sometime maybe we will give them a visit. It could be a lot of fun. The Sennan elders are in my zone. I will have to say something for them. What is her moms name? I got a letter from Brandon this week and it sounds like he is doing good. I wish I could speak Japanese like he could man it would be awesome.

This last week was fun but a little disappointing. We really haven't found anyone new to teach for a long time and we really need to find someone new fast. All of the investigators that we did have kind have fallen off the map during the holidays. We are going to try our best this week to get back in contact with them all but we will see what happens with it. Hopefully it changes soon.

Monday we went out and dendoed after p-day but didn't really have any luck and didn't get to talk to anyone that had much interest.

Tuesday we went out tried our best to find someone new but we didn't have any luck. We have been trying some new ways to do contacting but we didn't really have a lot of luck with any of it.

Wendsday we had to go home teaching. I recently found out that we are apparently suppose to home teach around half of the branch. We went out to go teach one family and they lived in the middle of no where. We got out there ate some food and taught them. By the time we were done we didn't have time to go back to Tanabe and make it to Gobo for Eikaiwa. So we stayed in the tiny little town and tried to get some stuff done there but it was pretty tough. It was great to meet with the family and to get to know them better but it felt kind of like we wasted a day.

Thursday - It was super cold this day and that made it a little harder to contact outside. It was the day before new years so there were lots of people at stores and things so we did a bunch of contacting by stores and places like that. We also had a big Sports Meet for all the missionaries in our mission this week on Friday so we had to go to Wakayama to stay the night. We left Tanabe a little early and headed out there to stay the night.

Friday - we had our annual Sports meet for the Kobe mission of Friday. It was a blast and we even got to watch Kung Fu Panda which is an awesome show and has some application to missionaries. I got to play soccer, which brought back a ton of good memories and reminded me of how much I love it. I was pretty rusty but it was fun. We also had a huge dodge ball game which was a blast. I got to see a lot of missionaries I hadn't seen for awhile and it was a ton of fun. We stayed in Wakayama again this night. We didn't have enough time to make it all the way back home.

Saturday - We rode the bus back to Tanabe and did our Weekly planning. We had a dinner with the Enamotos that night which was really good. We had Nabe. Its like a pot with a broth on the table and they cook all sorts of different meat,fish, and veggies in it. Its super good and was a lot of fun. A missionary who served in Tanabe around 3 years ago came with his wife. It was fun talking to him and what the area was like back then. Tanabe was actually part of the Nagoya mission when he was around so its changed quite a bit.

Sunday - An investigator was suppose to come to church but he never showed up. His phone is broken at the moment so we can't call him which is frustrating. We went out that day really hoping we could find someone but it is still holidays so its tough. Housing is really hard to do right now. We almost had a new investigator and as I was trying to find a day we could meet he just said he would read on his own and didn't want to meet. I really hope things change soon we really need some new people to teach bad.

It was a fun week but we need to find people and teach more lessons. I hope I can get it going again this week. I am excited to be here for another transfer it should be fun. Sounds like Christmas and New years was fun I wish I could have been there but I am where I am suppose to be.
Love you
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment