Monday, September 7, 2009

Hey sorry our P-day changed this week to Tuesday. Elder Fukui had some Zone leader stuff and we wanted to shop all four of us together.

So yeah, thats right, Akashi has turned into a 4 man area. My new comp is Maeno Choro he is from some of the southern Islands of Japan and speaks no english :). Needless to say, I am learning Japanese quickly. Elder Fukui's new comp. is Elder Shinozaki Choro. He is from Sapporro but can speak pretty good english. He actually went to UVU for a semester, lived right by the mall. This is the first time president has put 3 Japanese elders all in the same apt. I am going to be learning Japanese quickly and its already helped me out. Shinozaki Choro and I have study sessions every night. I answer and help him with all his english and he helps me with all my Japanese. It's way fun.

Alright so since last week whats happenened?

Ok Monday last week was crazy I told you about Osaka and all of that it was cool. Everything worked out he got his visa this week and should be good to go.
Tuesday we got our transfer calls. We found out that we both would have new companions but still be in Akashi area. Good things are happening and it should get better I hope. I am really excited for this transfer my Japanese skill should get much, much, better from having 3 Japanese in the apt. and speaking Japanese all the time. I thought it would be tough but, I guess my Japanese is better than I thought it was. I can understand a lot now and can say what I want, in a broken sort of way. Anyways after calls we went out and contacted but not much success.

Wednesday was a busy day. We had to get the apt. ready for the 2 new guys coming in so we got cleaned up and did all that. After that, we went out and contacted for a few hours then came back to the apt. Fukui Choro has a meeting with Stake leaders once a month with another zone so he had to get ready for that, then we headed down to Kobe to the mtg. After the mtg. was over we headed back home.

Thursday was transfer day. We woke up and headed back out to Kobe where transfer take place. I got to see some of the Elders from my old area which was fun. I also got to see McBurney Choro. He is staying in Ako and getting a new Comp. that was in my old district. They should do well out there. After we met our new companions we headed to the Mission Home to get some more Futons (Japanese Beds) for the 2 that just came in then we headed back out to Akashi. Transfer day is usually crazy because they have to unpack an get everything ready. That took awhile and afterwords we did transfer planning. We went to Tarumi and did the first tracking of the transfer. Afterwords, we went and visited the Bishop all together and let him know what was going on.

Friday was service day. I will still go with Elder Fukui to this because they like Gaijin and I am the only one here. It's usually pretty fun. I like it. After Service we came back ate lunch, then headed back out. We went and tracked for the rest of the day but didn't have much luck.

Saturday we had the Ward Matsuri (Japanese Festival) They had music and lots of food. I got to try some new food that I really liked. My favorite was okonomiyaki, It is kind of like a pancake but tastes totally different I will have to get the recipe and make it when I get back. It was a lot of fun there. After we went out and dendoed but not luck.

Sunday was church. The lady I gave the Book of Mormon to came that was great to see. She is really busy but wants to hear the lessons. I hope something good comes of it. Nicholas the man from Ghana came also. He had some things he had to do so we couldn't teach him but he said he will be there next week and we will teach him there. After church we went housing for quite awhile. Housing in Japan is hard because they have the little intercom boxes on every house with cameras in them sometimes. We call the Kekko boxes (kekko usually means I am good). Sometimes they come to the door but usually just kekko us through the box. Anyways, thats what we did for the rest of that day.

Monday we had a totally open day. We went and housed for around 6 hours but didn't get to talk to anyone for more than 3 or 5 minutes. We went street contacting too but, same deal there also. Hopefully we get some better luck in finding soon. We need some new investigators a lot of the ones we have right now are a little shaky.

Its been a great week lots of good changes that are really good for Akashi. I am really excited because I know my Japanese will really improve especially if I try my best. It sounds like everyone is busy back home. Whit with 2 dances, Derrick with fishing,Muff with school and well just being Muff. You with all the painting and carpet stuff, Dad with work. Man it's crazy how fast time is flying by.
Oh for the Package, could you send me some white notecards? They don't have them here for some can't find any. Other than that I am fine. One thing the states definately has over Japan is the junk food. Gotta love it.

Next week I will email on Tuesday also we have zone conference on Monday. We will either go next week or the next to Himeji Castle so if you don't get an email next week from me its because we went. I have some pictures I will send in another email, hope you like them. Well everything is going good out here hope you are having fun too.

Love you,

No comments:

Post a Comment