Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hey how are you doing? Sounds like you have been really busy with all of the Halloween stuff going on. It is kind of weird, it didn't really feel like October at all because I didn't see any Halloween stuff anywhere. It sounds like all the kids had fun. I remember all the little parties I use to do fun times.

Sounds like everyone is doing good. I am glad he is playing my guitar and keeping it in good shape. I want to take real lessons when I get back home and get good. Sounds like YM is going to be a blast with dad and Craig in there. I bet it will be a ton of fun.

Alright so this has been a super super fast week. I can't believe how fast it went by. It was way crazy this transfer is already half over. Ok anyways...

Tuesday - So we have been talking to this lady at a Cell phone store and we were walking by and decided to talk to her. We ended up talking for around an hour and a half about life and the gospel and stuff. She isn't super solid but we are going to teach her tomorrow again. Hopefully it goes well. We have given her a BOM and challenged her to pray. After talking with her we went and ate lunch and went out contacting some Potential Investigators but nothing really came from it. We got ready for Eikaiwa and taught it after that. The day went by really quick.

Wednesday - In the morning we actually came back to the place where we do email because Elder Payne had gotten permission from president to register for his BYU classes but the date got moved back or something. That took most of our morning and went and ate lunch. Afterwards we went out and walked around town trying to find people to talk to but didn't have much luck. We headed out to Gobo the area next to us that has been closed, to teach the eikaiwa that is still going on there. We visited a member named Azuma and he took us out to eat. We ate Sukiyaki and man it has to be one of my new favorites. You cook a bunch of meat and veggies in this sauce right on the table then pick out the stuff dip it in egg, and eat it. Man it was so good. Afterwards we taught Eikaiwa and headed back home.

Thursday - Today was Zone Conference. We actually had to wake up around 5:15 to get there on time and ride the train for 3 hours. Not too fun. We got there and learned from president and the zone leaders about using the spirit in our work. It was really great, zone conference is always really spiritual and tons of fun. After Zone Conference we headed back and took the 3 hour train back to our area. We were able to stop by our branch's Halloween party for a few minutes and then went back to the apt. and finished the day.

Friday - We had 3 appointments scheduled for this day but all of them fell through. Our first one was with a member that was baptized a few years ago. We are working with her to get her daughter baptized but her daughter caught the flu so we couldn't meet with her this week. She is really great and hopefully we can help her daughter also. We had a lesson with Risa the lady we found the other week. She totally forgot about our appointment but we were able to get another one for this week. She is reading and praying right now and we plan on talking to her about baptism at the next appointment. It should go really well I hope. While we were eating lunch we got a call from a guy we call Taxi man. I guess Elder Payne gave him a BOM awhile ago but he doesn't have a phone so he is really hard to get a hold of. Anyways he wanted to meet at the church so we finished up really quick and ran over there. He is really hard to teach and is kind of all over the place but it went alright. Hopefully we get another chance soon. We also had an appointment with someone we found earlier that week housing but they didn't show up which was a little disappointing. We went by again last night but they wouldn't come to the door. After that we headed back and called it a day.

Sat. - In the morning we did a part of our weekly planning and then headed out to meet with Kinoshta. He is a dad and is a really cool guy. We taught him the plan of salvation and he is really interested. He said he really is going to think hard about what he believes in now and wants to read the Book of Mormon. We are pretty excited about him and are hoping for the best. We have an appointment with him this week but after that he is going to be away with work. Hopefully everything works out. After the appointment we headed to a Halloween party that one of the sisters in the ward asked us to go to. It was for a bunch of little kids at school. It was pretty funny, they were all dressed up as witches and that's about it. We did a costume contest, we taught them our style of Rock,Paper,Scissors which for some reason is a big thing out here, and a few other things. It was fun, but totally different than back home, it kind of made me laugh. We took them trick or treating to 2 houses then came back. After that it was over and we were able to talk to the parents and hand out a lot of flyers about church and english class. Hopefully something good comes of it.

Sunday - My 3rd Sunday in Tanabe. It has gone so fast I can't believe it. Anyways this week we didn't have a lot of people come. Only around 13 I think. After Church we finished our weekly planning and went out housing. We didn't find anyone interested but talked to a lot of nice people and got chewed out by one lady because it was dark.

This week just flew by I couldn't believe it. The transfer is half over and man it feels like I just got to Tanabe. I still really like it here and the people are great. For Utah it would be a really big city (Provo and Orem area put together) but for Japan it is really small. I think the population is around 60,000 so while it is Inaka it still feels big sometimes. I like it a lot and members are awesome and really great. We are staying busy and having a good time, we have appointments for this coming week so we should be busy next week too.

Thanks for the Package I got it this week. I handed out some of the smarties at the party. They loved them thanks a ton.

Love you,

No comments:

Post a Comment